Jul 4, 2011

Lunch at Finz, Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi


I went to this restaurant for lunch today.  I don't get to visit Abu Dhabi regularly, but after the meal i enjoyed today, I think I'm going to visit more often!

Crab Apple and Avocado Salad
Nice combination of Flavors and Textures Makes for a Substantial Starter (good one to share)
Accompanied by a Rocket Salad with the perfect balance of Balsamic Reduction (sweeter than regular Balsamic Vinegar) Parmesan Cheese, EVOO, Salt and Pepper. 
Simple  But Delish...


Tempura Fried Calamari with Three Sauces (Sweet Pepper Relish, Horseradish Aioli, and Curry Mayo)
I liked all three, but I prefer the sweet pepper relish because it's lighter than the Mayo based option.

For the Main Course we shared a Salt Encrusted Sea Bass. Yep, that big white mess there all formed the salt crust which encased the fish as it cooked.  It's an interesting technique which keeps the fish nice and moist and well seasoned as it cooks, but alsdo keeps it perfectly seasoned.  It was accompanied by a Lobster Tarragon Sauce, Steamed Veggies, and Rice.  Stick a fork in me....IM DONE!!!!

However we couldn't finish the meal without some green tea (helps with digestion), and these tiny little treats to complete the experience, which were compliments of the house.

3 comments: