Nov 27, 2011

Hakkasan the first visit, but definitely not the last!

The entrance to this gorgeous restaurant was just a little taste of the culinary adventure we were about to embark on....
For starters we enjoyed a gorgeous basket of steamed dim sum (some of the best I've had in Dubai) consisting of Black Pepper Duck, Scallop Shumai with Tobiko, Shrimp and Chive, plus Crystal Dumplings.
Jasmine Tea Smoked Wagyu Beef Short Ribs-I was completely blown away by this dish.  The tender beef literally melted in my mouth.  The delicate crispy threads of jasmine tea on the plate complemented the gorgeous components of this well comprised dish. 

Crispy duck salad with pomelo, pine nut and shallot-One of Hakkasans best selling items.  A little birdie also told us this is Kelly Rowland's favorite item on the menu! It was Crispy, Fresh, and Flavorful, I can see why it's so popular!
                  
Champagne and Chinese Honey glazed Chilean Sea Bass with Tempura Mushrooms

Egg Noodle Nest with Wok Fried XO Lamb Chop-Tender, Juicy, and Spicy! I've never tasted lamb like this before.  In fact it tasted more like beef than lamb, none the less, a GREAT menu item.
-
Black truffle roast duck with tea plant mushroom-One of the best Duck items I've ever tried.  Crispy skin, tender duck meat, and an aromatic sauce.   I think I ended up eating most of this one.  It was so good, I didn't want to share!
For dessert a meringue with Brandy Ice Cream and Plum sauce-The smooth and creamy texture of the brandy ice cream was heavenly and perfectly balanced with the fruity rich plum sauce and crunchy textured meringue.
The first Cantonese Restaurant to win a  Michelin Star in 2003, Hakkasan has become a familiar name in foodie  circles around the world.  The original brand started in London and since then has expanded to Miami  and now in the UAE, with it's first restaurant in the region debuting in Abu Dhabi.  With the new launch at Emirates towers in Dubai, this restaurant will definitely be giving other modern Asian Cuisine concepts a run for their money!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I have also been to Hakkasan and defently not the last time... I am living i Norway and i am trying to make the Crispy duck salad... Do u have the recipe???

    Can u please help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Thanks for the post:)
    Yes, Hakkasan is truly a treat, and I look forward to my next visit. As for the recipe, I don't have access to it unfortunately, but will try and investigate for you....

    Take care and don't for get to check out my website as well:

    www.sabawahid.com

    -Saba

    ReplyDelete